Monday 12 November 2012

Recent Purchases!

Style 3954
Oh the joy of ebay saved searches!  I little while ago I did a post on a 1970's school uniform latter that I found in a vintage pattern.  I managed to research 2 of the 4 patterns which were really cute, but I couldn't find the other 2 on the interwebs.  I saved searches on ebay with the pattern numbers and the other day up popped Style 3954!  It was so cute that I had to buy it.  Just look at those puffy sleeves and peter pan collars!


Secondly, I had the good fortune of this jacket pattern, McCall's 5936, arriving in my inbox so I snapped it up.  I have loved it since I saw Lauren from Lladybird's leopard print version and now I have my mitts on the very same pattern.

My other purchases are from the Knitting and Stitching Show recently held at Alexandra Palace.  It was so big and so busy that I don't think we even got round a third of it but some of my favourite sellers were there so I had to get some bargains.  I got a make your own beaded bauble and angel earrings from Spellbound beads which really do the most beautiful beads.  I went for kits this time as I just love them and I wanted to get something a bit different than the huge pile of mismatched beads I normally get!

The other stallholder is Aarti J's which sells awesome indian trim, sequined embellishments and belly dance accessories.  Seriously it is fab.  The website has only a little of their stock but if you ever see the stall it is like a brightly colour sweetshop of trimmings.  I bought this gorgeous trim which is black/purple/turquoise/green patterned beads on a silver ribbon which I cannot wait to use.  I think it would be such a time saving way to add a whole row of beading to an outfit.  I got just over 3 metres and I got a fantastic discount as it was the end of the card.  I actually still have some trim that is too precious to use that I bought last time I saw this stall.

2 comments: