Tuesday 13 December 2011

Burda Style November 2011

Sorry to be so late posting this one, I actually missed the issue and had to order it but it is here now.

The Dreamy Dresses title on the cover got me excited about this one, but I have to say I was a little disappointed with the party dresses even though it is a party dress issue.  I think my problem with it was that they had tried to be just too arty with the Super Lady section, most of the dresses were made up in black which never shows details well, some shots were in black and white, which again doesn't help trying to imagine the dress on you and my favourite dress of the bunch wasn't even pictured on the model!
Dress 124
The dress looks classy and elegant and the grey taffeta used shows the bodice detail but why isn't she wearing it?!  Her arm is covering the main detail so we can't see how it would look at the bust line, and aren't we all supposed to be not glamorizing smoking now?  I'm sure the patterns from this section would look great on most people but they just look boring in the photos which don't show the details of the line drawings.

Luckily this only last for one section and turn the page and this little cutie shows up.
Scarf 177
I never knew I wanted  fake fox scarf but now I do! 
Dress 119 A
In fact in the complete opposite of the first section I love the styling of the Once Upon a Time clothing.  This red dress is really pretty and the large waistband makes it a bit different from the usual tunic style dress. 
Skirt 116 A
I think I am going to HAVE to make this skirt!  It even says easy, perfect!  I have been hankering after some cosy wool skirts for the winter, I tend to just wear my summer clothes with tights but this would be a lot warmer.  I really like it in red too.
Skirt 116 B
I can't decide if I like this skirt or if I just love the print used.  I don't think maxi skirts would suit me but they look good on taller people.
Skirt 109
I swear Burda Style has to put a pencil skirt in every issue!  I hadn't quite realised this until I started looking for a pattern for my Pan Am skirt and then realised almost every month has a different variation on the pencil.  I don't mind as I like them and this one is a high waisted version though the crease right across the middle is not very attractive.
Blouse 130
I really like the ruffled detail on this blouse and the little ditsy print they used.  It is girly without being over the top.

And lastly my 'don't, just don't' section....
Jumpsuit 102
Gold lamé jumpsuit anyone?

2 comments:

  1. I should be embarrassed to say this, but I love a gold lamé anything... And that red skirt is the bees knees sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Well some people must love it otherwise it wouldn't be in there! I love the red skirt, I think I am going to have to make one.

    ReplyDelete