Wednesday 29 February 2012

Burda Style February 2012

I got a bit confused and I thought I had already published this post, turns out I hadn't but here is my Feb review.  March will be coming up soon too.
Skirt 123 B
I really love stripes at the moment so this section called Yipes Stripes was right up my street.  I particularly love this jersey skirt and I think I will have to make some as soon as I can find some striped jersey somewhere.  It really reminds me of this skirt posted on Adventures in Dressmaking. 
Tunic 108 A
I quite like this tunic from the Asian Inspiration section as it would look great in a floaty fabric for summer.  There are some great patterns in this section but they would look nicer in pretty prints like the one above rather than the solid black of some of them. 
Skirt 109 B
I love this print too, really pretty and the paper bag style waist is something I have been wanting to try.  It wouldn't be the best length on me but it looks good on the model with boots.
Jacket and belt 105
I am a big fan of brights so the Colour Blocking section should be for me.  I found that it combines just a few too many colours in one look so instead of being on trend it looks a little clownish but I do love this bright orange jacket and purple belt.  I would be very tempted to make the belt in different colours to wear with different outfits but I am not sure how well it would stay in place without slipping as it is just tied at the front. 
Dress 141
How cute is the back of this dress?  It may be a childrens size but I want an adult version!  The cute collar, bow and button back is totally something I would wear.
Dress 134
The plus size wedding section is not overly inspiring, they are quite simple clean line dresses and suits but I really like this empire line bow dress.  It would be a really nice bridesmaid dress or for a guest in a less bridal colour.
Bolero 136
This little lacey shrug is really sweet too.  I would imagine it would be quite difficult to get the scalloped edge all the way round when making it up though. 
DIY Trend
I am not a big fan of all over denim, I know it is supposed to be back in fashion but to me it just looks far too '80's and not in a good way.  I don't think many people will be wearing patchwork denim shirts and jeans this spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment